Yukon Health Care Insurance Plan Summary
The Yukon Health Care Insurance Plan is available to all permanent Yukon residents.
The following summarizes Yukon Health Care Insurance Plan coverage and benefits.
We offer health plans that:
- Have no medical questions.
- Are guaranteed acceptance.
- Come with instant, online quotes.
Health and dental coverage starting from $78.20 per month!
- Medically required hospital, physician and medical specialist services.
- Physician services performed at the patient's home, a hospital, clinic or scene of an accident.
- Physician services during pregnancy.
- Some surgical dental procedures when performed in an approved hospital.
- Ambulance transportation (air and ground) within the Yukon (there are no fees).
- The following programs are also offered:
- Children's Drug and Optical Program: assistance with prescription drug and eye care costs for children aged 18 and under of low-income families.
- Chronic Disease Program: financial assistance for residents with a chronic disease. Coverage for prescription drugs, medical supplies and durable medical equipment.
- Pharmacare and Extended Health Benefits: available to residents aged 65 and up, or to residents aged 60 and up who are married to a resident aged 65 and up. Financial assistance for prescription drugs, dental care, vision care and medical supplies (including durable medical equipment).
- Hearing Services: coverage for examinations, hearing aid dispensing and repairs, assistive listening devices, etc. to Yukon residents (adults, children and infants).
- Medical Treatment Travel (trip must start in Yukon): covers transportation costs if a resident needs to travel for medically necessary treatment to the nearest qualified facility.
Services that are not covered include:
- Optometrists and vision care such as eyeglasses.
- Durable medical appliances unless patient is 16 or younger.
- Medical expenses when traveling outside of the Yukon.
- Chiropractors, podiatrists, osteopaths and orthodontists.
- Medical examinations required by third parties.
- All cosmetic surgeries.
- All dental surgery that is not done in a hospital.
- Prescription drugs not for use in a hospital.
- Ambulance transport when traveling outside of the Yukon.
- if you are a Yukon resident traveling abroad please consider travel insurance -
- Accommodation and meals at standard rate.
- Necessary nursing services and services provided by other necessary staff.
- Diagnostic procedures, including x-rays and lab services.
- Radiotherapy and physiotherapy services where available.
- Some outpatient services.
Hospital services that are not covered include:
- Nursing home services.
- Private and semi-private rooms.
- Medical appliances such as crutches.
- Dental procedures, unless prior approval has been obtained.
- Prescription drugs for use outside of the hospital.
- for full details please go to the Yukon Health Services government web site -
Protect yourself from costs not covered by your Yukon provincial healthcare plan. Get free, instant health insurance quotes!
(please consider sharing this article)
Last updated February 2017