Travel Insurance Tips and Advice
Please use the following Canadian travel insurance tips/advice to help you get the plan that is best suited to your particular situation.
- Always check your provincial health care coverage to see if it has travel benefits (you can use our provincial plan summaries, available to the left).
- If you are planning multiple trips within one year then you should consider annual, multi-trip travel benefits. You can use it as many times as you want within the year, and will save a considerable amount of money by purchasing this type of insurance.
- Oftentimes travel benefits are bundled in with your vacation deal. Before purchasing this insurance shop around and compare plans. You might save considerable money by opting out and getting cheaper travel insurance!
- If you are not flying then make sure that you are not purchasing other add-ons such as baggage loss and trip cancellation.
- If you are going on vacation with your family then check out Family plans, which are usually cheaper than getting one plan per person (when getting quotes at our website set the "Coverage for" field to "Family").
- Consider what you are getting as far as amounts of coverage. Sometimes cheap travel insurance offers less coverage than other plans.
- While deductibles can save you some money on premiums, usually the savings is minimal compared to the deductible amount.
Please feel free to call us toll-free at 1-800-474-4474 for a "no obligation" consultation with one of our licensed, experienced travel specialists!